AMAZING CHILD UK Youth Worker
Do you have what it takes to be an AMAZING youth worker?
If you have experience of planning, organising, delivering and overseeing community programmes that support young people aged 11-25 then CHILD UK would love to support you!
Working for CHILD UK, you’ll;
- Improve your skills working on a range of projects in multiple locations
- Work alongside qualified sports coaches to deliver AMAZING projects
- Attain additional sports qualifications and training
- Attain additional Youth Work qualifications and training
- Transform the lives of young people
- Be a part of the CHILD UK family!
Who Are CHILD UK?
CHILD UK is a non-profit organisation that works in the community for the benefit of the community. By combining sports, mentoring and working in partnership with other organisations, we are able to tackle key issues in various communities around London & Hertfordshire.
Some of our projects include;
- US GIRLS
- Get Set Go!
- Prison Prevention Initiative
- All Inclusive Sports
Once we engage and build trust with young people on a level they know, love and enjoy – it’s time for you to show us how AMAZING you really are!
‘What am I expected to do?’
As a CHILD UK Youth Worker, you’ll be working alongside our qualified sports coaches to create an experience like no other for every young person you work with.
Working in disadvantaged communities and other settings in the community you’ll be expected to;
- Lead & assist in the delivery of health and sports initiatives
- Lead and assist in the delivery of mentoring programmes
- Organise sports and educations activities for young people
- Work with specific high risk groups
- Build relationships with other agencies and community groups
- Attend community steering groups
- Support volunteers
- Regularly monitor young people’s progress
- Regularly monitor the quality of youth provision
…and overall support the young people we’re working with their personal, social & educational growth – in an AMAZING way!
Before you can show us how AMAZING you really are, we’ll need to know that you have; (Essential)
- Youth & Community Work Level 2 (or equivalent)
- Safeguarding & Child Protection
- Emergency 1st Aid
- Enhanced CRB / DBS
All whilst being excellent in the following skills;
- Record keeping
- Problem Solving
It would also be extra cool if you had the following; (Desirable)
- Level 1 or higher in a nationally recognised sport
- Grant and Funding Bid Experience
- Own Transport and Driving Licence
‘How Do I Apply?’
If you’ve got the hunger to transform and inspire young people on their personal journey to greatness then we’d like to hear from you 5 minutes ago!
Looking forward to hearing from you!