‘Become the Sports Development Officer & Project Lead CHILD UK’s Sports Projects!’
Have you got experience in managing projects with a wide range of partners?
Have you worked with young people aged 14-25?
Is it time for you to move into a new role, challenge yourself and move your career forward?
Well, we’ve got some exciting news.
We’re currently recruiting for a new role we’d love to have YOU on-board so you can;
- Create Change in Welwyn & Hatfield: Two areas that are heading for a bright future. It’s now your chance to play a huge part in transforming young people’s lives in Welwyn & Hatfield.
- Create Change in Other Locations: Around Hertfordshire and Surrounding Areas
- Grow Professionally: With access to a massive amount of training courses, you’ll develop your skills to not only support you in your role, but your own professional development too.
- Work With Our Partners: With a huge range of partners involved (such as the police, YMCA, Family Lives, Box Cleva) you’ll be able to make connections that will make a difference for young people and yourself for years to come
- Start the Project: As a brand new project, you’ve got the opportunity to really make the role yours.
- Be Amazing: Young people need a light and a direction. It’s your chance to Be Amazing.
- Be Part of The Family: By Joining CHILD UK, you’re becoming one of the family.
Simply put – You’re about to play a huge part in transforming the lives of young people in Welwyn & Hatfield while developing your skills both personally and professionally.
How? Here’s how.
CHILD UK run several projects that play a huge part in the lives of 14-25 year olds in Hertfordshire.
By using sport, mentoring and education programmes as a tool, these projects can provide young people an alternate place between home, school or work where they can;
- Smile, laugh and have FUN
- Develop their social skills
- Be active positively affect their physical and mental wellbeing
- Try new sports, activities and educational programmes
- Develop a habit of ‘sport for life’
- Feel part of something positive
- Excel and create a future for themselves both personally and professionally
These projects will aim to decrease the barriers young people face such as;
- Knowledge & Understanding
- Confidence & Self-Belief
- Motivation, Behaviours & Attitudes
- Health & Impairment
With Power, Comes Great Responsibility!
The Sports Development Officer role will involve the following 4 key areas;
- Monitoring & Evaluating
- Youth Workers
Your Day to Day Duties
- Management: of project programmes, SLA’s and delivery staff.
- Assisting: in steering groups to deliver an AMAZING projects that engages, retains and sustains participation in sport and physical activity
- Support: our partners in planning and implementation of sport and physical activity initiatives
- Form and Develop Partnerships: with local community groups, councillors, other sports agencies and wider community organisations.
- Update: Council officers, local councillors and the mayor on the progress of projects.
- Co-ordinate: relevant training and opportunities for young people and project delivery staff
- ALWAYS Follow: CHILD UK and Hertfordshire Safeguarding policies and procedures.
Of course, to be AMAZING for this role you’ll need to have the following; (Essential)
- What qualifications do you have?: NVQ Level 3 or above in a sport and health related field
- Have you supported your community before?: Experience in sport, health and/or community development
- Have you delivered multiple projects before?: Project management and delivery skills and experience
- Do you know how to build and develop partnerships?: Supporting and advising a range of organisations (related and non-related to health and physical activity)
- Can you type, click, edit and send?: Experience of using Microsoft Office and other basic IT related programmes and software
- Where’s all your work? Brilliant organisational and presentation skills
- How do you get around?: Due to the nature of the role you’ll need you own mode of transport as well
In addition, it would be super-AMAZING if you had; (Desirable)
- Other sporting qualifications: Basketball, Football, Badminton, Athletics etc
- Up to Date Safeguarding Certificate
- Experience working with people who have disabilities and / or mental health issues
- Knowledge of local area (Welwyn & Hatfield)
How To Apply
If you’re interested in becoming even more amazing, spreading health, hope and opportunities to Welwyn and Hatfield through sports and physical activity then waste no more time – we want to hear from you….yesterday!
Send your application form to: email@example.com with the subject header: ‘Simply Amazing Project officer – Pick Me!’
Looking forward to hearing from you!